Yoga & The Spine Immersion with Andrea Pelosi
Time & Location
About The Event
This twelve hour workshop explores yoga and applied anatomy: how yoga can help the spine (theory and practice) as well as insight into posture for each student. Students will receive an overview of the physiology of how properly applied yoga helps the spine, how the spine is impacted by daily life, and a special yoga routine for the spine.
From this foundation, students will move into experiencing elongation and natural curves of the spine, as well as learning how to create length in the spine and to protect the vertebral column and organs. We will experience applied anatomy and practice yoga to understand the effect of gravity and mechanics. Students will find a new sense of space, alignment, and length in their spine and pelvis.
Themes (as time allows) include:
• Experiencing biomechanics: understanding standing, walking, standing poses, forward bends, and backbends
• Yoga for the lumbar spine, sacrum, and pelvis
• Protecting your spine in the world
• Upper back and spinal curves
• Yoga for thoracic and cervical spine: back bends that feel fabulous and heal the spine
• Yoga for scoliosis: introductory theory and exercises
Andrea Pelosi discovered yoga as a young teen and has been teaching for 15 years. Her teaching has brought her across Canada, as well as the United States and Japan. Andrea has over 1700 hours of yoga training and more than 720 hours of study with Judith Lasater, of whom she is an assistant. She also has studied with Ramanand Patel, has hundreds of hours of study with many senior and accomplished teachers, a degree with honours in Philosophy and Women’s Studies, and has studied Eastern and Indian Philosophy. Andrea has an energetic, gentle, and caring teaching style and seeks to make her classes highly educational, fun, safe and inclusive.
August 2–4, 2019
Saturday & Sunday 11:30am–5:30pm
$270 (plus tax) pre-registered
$285 (plus tax) at the door
* Ticket price includes 7.875% NM gross receipts tax and 2.9% PayPal transaction fee.
- Spine Immersion$299.71$299.710$0