Time & Location
Jan 29, 2021, 4:00 PM MST
About The Event
To enroll for this Training, please visit our ENROLLMENT PAGE
This virtual Yin Yoga immersion and teacher training is open to consistent practitioners of Yoga, those who are teaching Yoga, and/or wish to teach Yin Yoga. You may take this program as an immersion to deepen your understanding of Yin Yoga - its theory, experiential anatomy, psycho-somatic and spiritual benefits, as well as the energetic effects and you may also take this program to learn to teach Yin Yoga. This immersion is organized with time to steep yourself in the study and practice of Yin Yoga. The Yin Yoga immersion will cover the foundational principles of Yin Yoga, how to incorporate Yin Yoga into your weekly classes or daily practice, as well as how to teach this practice safely. The course includes Yin Yoga practice sessions (classes), interactive lectures with power point presentations, teaching methodology with specific asana review, and for the teaching component, time to practice teaching with peer feedback and review. This immersion series is eligible for 36 hours of CEUs with Yoga Alliance. Those who complete all 36 hours of training will receive a specialization certificate in teaching Yin Yoga.
The Theory & Practice of Yin Yoga
- Yin Yoga Principles, Concepts, Benefits, and Basic Philosophy
- Yin and Yang in the Physical Body
- Developing Mindfulness in the Practice
- The Language of Yin Yoga
- Modifications, Prop Use, and Adjustments
- Principles of Sequencing Yin Yoga and Teaching Practice
The Anatomy of Yin Yoga
- Anatomy of the Muscles, Bones, Joints and Fascia
- Types of Connective Tissue
- Fascia: Anatomy and Physiology
- The Nervous System ~ Neuroscience and Fascia
- The Physiology of the Breath & the Importance of the Relaxation Response
The Psycho-Somatics & Energetics of Yin Yoga
- Taoist Theory & Yoga
- Anatomy of Qi
- The Meridian & Chakra System
- Eastern and Western Views of Embodiment
- Tension Patterns and the Mind
- Unlimited virtual Yin Yoga classes with Melissa for from January 29 to March 21, 2021
- Unlimited access to class recordings
- 400 page digital manual on Yin Yoga with hundreds of photographs and variations as well as anatomical pictures and articles to deepen your learning
- 36 hours of live interactive classes and presentations. Discussions and Q & A will be included in each weekend. There will be some hours of self-study and an assignment to reflect your learning about Yin Yoga.
Melissa Spamer, M.A. ERYT, C. Ay. has been practicing Yoga for more than twenty five years and consistently teaching Yoga for twenty years. Melissa is a graduate of the renowned Ayurvedic Institute in Albuquerque, New Mexico. She has been teaching on the principles of Ayurveda for the past 13 years, and offers both Ayurvedic consultations and treatments to bring balance to the body, mind and spirit. She has completed extensive Yoga studies and trainings in the US, Greece, India, and Bali. Her approach to Yoga is very intuitive and organic. Melissa incorporates the principles of Ayurveda in her teaching of Yoga asana, merging the two sister sciences. She maintains a private Yoga Therapy, Ayurveda and Counseling practice in Santa Fe.
Read Melissa's blog post on Yin Yoga
3 Weekend Intensives: January 29–31, 2021 • February 26–28, 2021 • March 26–28, 2021
Friday 4:00–7:00pm, Saturday & Sunday 1:00–5:00pm MT
Offered on Zoom.
Sliding scale $495–695 available by request; email firstname.lastname@example.org.
7.875% New Mexico gross receipts tax and 2.9% tranaction fee added at check-out.
Cancellations before the training begins will be refunded in full minus a $50 cancelation fee; no refunds given after the program begins.
To Enroll for this Training:
1. Click ENROLLMENT PAGE below.
2. Click Yin Yoga Immersion and Teacher Training in the list at the top of the page to scroll down to the listing.
3. Click Enroll Now and follow the steps.
Note: if you have not yet set up an account you will be guided to do so during the enrollment process.