The System of Yoga with Kim Schwartz (Recording)
Time & Location
About The Event
Enrollment entitles you to access to all 5 two-hour recordings of this series until August 15, 2021.
This ten hour workshop series offers a concise and practical overview into the system and practice of yoga. The structure of the workshop is based on a classical text written by the sage Patanjali. Each two-hour class begins with a lecture on some aspect of yoga philosophy that will be followed with foundational information on the types of asanas shown. As the classes are sequential and progressive, it is recommended that students watch the recordings in order.
Topics for this workshop:
- The How and Why of Yoga: the connection of mind and body along with the rationale behind yoga methodology.
- The Breath: Explore the fundamentals of the breath and begin to remove obstacles to the breath and optimize its function. We will also begin to gain awareness of how the breath affects and is affected by the mind.
- Vrttis: the various methods of perception available to the mind. Through knowledge of the vrttis we can better understand how we organize our view of the world and our life within it.
- Standing Asanas: the foundation for all of the other asanas.
- Kleshas: the obstacles to managing the vrttis. Here we can learn how to embrace and transcend these obstacles.
- Forward Bends: building upon the stability created in the standing asanas so that we can mobilize the back body.
- Yama: an overview of the life actions that have the greatest causal repercussions and offer thoughts on how to develop a harmonious relationship with them.
- Backbends: the primary aspects of opening the front body.
- Niyama: an overview of the actions that will create the most benefits and insights in life.
- Inversions: All of the previous work with asanas offers the foundations that make inverted asanas accessible and beneficial.
Yoga mat, 2 blankets, 1 block, a folding chair, a 10-ft yoga belt, and wall space at least 2-1/2 ft wide
Kim Schwartz has studied and taught Hatha Yoga for more than four decades. His lifelong passion for mystical truth led him to become ordained as a swami of the Temple of Kriya in Chicago. He was elevated to the position of Maha Swami in the Kriya lineage, enabling him to ordain others as swamis. Kim was director of the Temple’s Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Program before moving to New Mexico, where he continues to lead High Desert Yoga’s Teacher Training Program. Kim is recognized by many well-known yoga instructors both as a “master of his art” in personal practice and as a true “teacher’s teacher,” one with the ability to communicate the timeless truths of yoga on many levels to fellow instructors in a way that enables them to pass this wisdom on to their own students. He is registered with Yoga Alliance as E-RYT 500.
Recording links will be sent Saturday, July 10, 2021 at 12:00pm MDT.
Links will remain active for 5 weeks, until August 15, 2021 at 11:59pm. (You may register at any time between July 10 and August 14; the links will still expire on August 15.)
Five week access to recording links of 5 two hour sessions: $130.00
7.875% NM gross receipts tax and 2.9% transaction fee added at check-out.