Fri, Feb 16|
High Desert Yoga
Light on Yoga Philosophy
Join Kim, Zoreh, and the HDY Teacher Training for 2 hour lecture-discussions on the vast and ancient subject of Yoga Philosophy.
Time & Location
Feb 16, 2018, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
High Desert Yoga, 4600 Copper Ave NE, Albuquerque, NM 87108, USA
About The Event
Yoga is an art, relying on a profound depth of perception and intuition, and also a science, employing a methodology not based on belief. The word yoga has its root in the Sanskrit word "yuj," meaning to yoke or join together, also to integrate and unite. While most of humanity identifies with a reality defined by time and space, the premise in yoga is that this state of integration, a reality transcendent of time and space, is our true nature.
The following Friday Evenings, 6:00–8:00 PM
- January 19 - Vritti: The Nature of Perception and Consciousness
- February 2 - Klesha: Obstacles to Perception
- February 16 - Yama: Actions to be Contained
- March 2 - Breath Awareness
- March 16 - Niyama: Actions and States to be Cultivated
- Arpil 27 - Karma and Dharma: The Qualities of Causation and the Nature of Things
- May 4 - Review Philosophical Concepts
- May 18 - Dharana and Dyana: Concentration and Meditation
- June 1 - Pranayama: The Discipline and Liberation of Life Force through the Breath
- June 29 - Philosophy Overview: Bring any questions and thoughts about any of the previous topics for review and reflection.
$20 per session
$15 per session for HDY Teacher Training graduates
Pre-registration for this event is not available. Please arrive 10 minutes early to register and pay.