Yoga Philosophy Pranayama Meditation Series with Kim Schwartz
Join Kim and the HDY Teacher Training for this 8 classes beginning with one hour of lecture-discussion on philosophy followed by pranayama & meditation practice.
Time & Location
Jan 24, 2020, 6:00 PM – Jun 12, 2020, 8:00 PM
High Desert Yoga, 4600 Copper Ave NE, Albuquerque, NM 87108, USA
About The Event
Join Kim and the HDY Teacher Training for for 1 hour lecture-discussions on a rich variety of yoga philosophy topics, followed by 1 hour of pranayama (breath practice) and meditation.
Yoga is an art, relying on a profound depth of perception and intuition, and also a science, employing a methodology not based on belief. The word yoga has its root in the Sanskrit word "yuj," meaning to yoke or join together, also to integrate and unite. While most of humanity identifies with a reality defined by time and space, the premise in yoga is that this state of integration, a reality transcendent of time and space, is our true nature.
Pranayama is the science of utilizing the controlled breath to direct, harmonize, and energize life force called prana.
We will begin with breath explorations to help release obstacles to the breath as well as the introducton of foundational pranayama technique. Each class will build upon these principles, introducing more refined pranayamas.
As the classes are progressive and sequential, drop-ins are not available.
Schedule Details w/Philosophy Topics
The following Friday Evenings, 6:00–8:00 PM:
- January 24, 2020 - Vritti: The Nature of Perception and Consciousness
- February 7 - Klesha: Obstacles to Perception
- February 21 - Yama: Actions to be Contained
- March 6 - Niyama: Actions and States to be Cultivated
THIS SERIES CONTINUES ONLINE AS FOLLOWS:
- May 1 - Karma and Dharma: The Qualities of Causation and the Nature of Things
- May 29 - Review Philosophical Concepts
- June 12 - Dharana and Dyana: Concentration and Meditation
- June 24 - Review Pranayama: The Discipline and Liberation of Life Force through the Breath
$108 plus tax
HDY Teacher Training graduates: $90 plus tax (payable only at HDY)
* Ticket price includes 7.875% NM gross receipts tax and 2.9% PayPal transaction fee.
Yoga Philosophy & Pranayama
Ticket price includes 7.875% NM gross receipts tax and 2.9% PayPal transaction fee.