The Breath of Yoga Workshop with Swati Chanchani
Time & Location
About The Event
For many years, Swati Chanchani has been designing and teaching a remarkable series of yoga intensives with her husband Rajiv. In The Breath of Yoga Workshop, Swati will:
- trace the roots of yoga embedded in ancient sacred works, including many stories and episodes to bring out the quality of and inspiration for postures;
- stress the links of moral and ethical values implicit in the practice of yoga, including non-violence, truthfulness, and contentment;
- highlight geometrical forms and precision in the postures to assist students in relating abstract concepts to what they have learned through their body movements.
This workshop will consist of four sessions. The Friday and Saturday sessions will be held at High Desert Yoga. The Sunday session will be informal, held at the Hanuman Temple and Neem Karoli Baba Ashram in Taos, New Mexico, where yoga workshop participants are encouraged to join the celebrations in progress followed by a group discussion.
Swati Chanchani and her husband Rajiv Chanchani are founder-directors of the Yog-Ganga Centre in India. They began studying Yoga in 1975 with Yogacharya BKS Iyengar. Since then they have been continuously refining and promoting Iyengar’s skillful and pioneering adjustments of asana and pranayama to improve the health and well being of individuals irrespective of age and condition. In addition, Swati and Rajiv are steeped in the philosophy and the culture that accompanies the yoga techniques.
Session One: Friday, September 21 — 6:00 to 9:00 PM
Session Two: Saturday, September 22 — 9:00 to 11:30 AM
Session Three: Saturday, September 22 — 2:30 to 5:00 PM
* Sessions One, Two, and Three will be held at High Desert Yoga
Session Four: Sunday, September 23 — 11:30 AM to 3:15 PM
* Session Four at the Neem Karoli Baba Ashram in Taos, New Mexico.
The Neem Karoli Baba Ashram will be observing a special occasion and program September 22 and 23. There will be 24 hour ongoing chanting, ending Sunday at 1:08 pm. Yoga workshop participants will join in for a part of that, a short program and lunch (free, all welcome), followed by a group discussion. You are welcome to bring friends and family to this event.
Entire workshop: $185 (plus tax)
Friday evening session: Save 20%! $59 (plus tax)
Saturday single sessions: $75 (plus tax)
There is no charge for the Sunday session.
* Ticket price includes 7.875% NM gross receipts tax and 2.9% PayPal transaction fee.
- Swati Chanchani All Sessions$205.36$205.360$0
- Swati Friday Session (special)$65.49$65.490$0
- Swati Chanchani Sat AM Session$83.25$83.250$0
- Swati Chanchani Sat PM Session$83.25$83.250$0